While we respect a patient’s right not to divulge the reason for using the surgery, we do offer dedicated clinics and services from doctors with special interests, our nurse practitioner and practice nurses.
In order for us to help you access these effectively and correctly and avoid the need to make a further appointment it may be necessary for our reception staff to enquire discreetly and in general terms only, about the purpose of your visit. They will be happy to guide you to the most appropriate clinician. In this way we hope to avoid disappointment and frustration to both parties.
A GP may NOT necessarily be the most appropriate person for your problem.
GP/Nurse Practitioner Appointments
- Pre-bookable Appointments with GP or Nurse Practitioner - these can be made at the desk or by telephone Monday to Friday after 8.30am
- Appointments on the day with GP or Nurse Practitioner - these can be made at the desk or by telephone Monday to Friday after 8.00am
Ill on the Day Service
- Offered for Acute problems booked on the da with the clinical team sessions 9.30am and 10.00am - the can be made at the desk of by telephone
Practice Nurse Appointments
- Pre-bookable appointments with the Practice Nurse - these can be made at the desk, online or by telephone Monday to Friday after 8.30am
Extended Hours Appointments with GP
- These can be made at the desk or by telephone Monday to Friday after 8.30am
It is practice policy to offer all patients a chaperone for intimate examinations, such as breast, rectal, pelvic and genital exams.
A chaperone is there for the protection of both the doctor and patient; to act as a witness to that examination. Your choice to accept or decline a chaperone will be recorded. If you choose to have a chaperone a nurse will be invited into your consultation. If in the unlikely event a nurse is not available at the time of your examination, we may require you to re-book your appointment to enable a nurse to be present.
If you wish to discuss this further please ask your doctor.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.